One of the biggest victories that we experience ahead in life stems from the struggles, trials, traumas, and adversities that we have faced and overcome from our childhood. Where we stand today, is a result of our resilience, persistence, focus, determination, and knowing who we are.

“Who am I?” you may ask. Perhaps, this is a time -with all of the uncertainties and noises that’s going around and people living with so much fear- for you to embrace the silence and start writing your thoughts on paper that you have buried deep within your heart and have been afraid to. 

During my teenage years, I lived through so much pain, shame, and guilt and felt like an invisible being. My parents worked 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week, and I would hide behind a computer, would venture out into the cyber world and spend many hours chatting through different forums, navigating through websites, creating blogs, hacking out codes, starting online and offline businesses and failing at them - successfully. 

Prior to that, I would journal and read— A LOT, they were my outlet in getting my darkest secrets and thoughts off of my chest. I believe that, it’s one of those moments when I was battling with severe depression and toying with the idea of committing suicide that I have been able to make it through another day... all through reflecting and journalism.

I am profoundly grateful for my neighbor, Rosa, who introduced me to a being higher than  myself, through Yeshua my Messiah (Savior) and have been able find hope and comfort to look forward to the future.

It’s been a roller coaster ride for over two decades filled with deceptions, insecurities, fear, and erratic behaviors as well as joy, peace, hope, and love. 

I grateful that I am still alive today. 

With all of that’s going on with the pandemic of COVID-19, my life and many others' have been altered dramatically throughout the globe. 

Our “usual” routines have changed and continue to change and it the midst of it all,  processing all of these emotions can be overwhelming. 

Hence, it’s why during these downtime moments, I’ve been thinking on slowing down my pace in the areas where I have been going at them aggressively by shifting gear and focus on the other areas where I have neglected.

I picked up on blogging again. It’s an outlet for me to express my thoughts and get my creative writing flowing— which I am very passionate about but have left it in the back burner. As I reopened my blog account, I found my blogs dated back in 2005! 😯

It’s amazing how powerful it is to register dates, places, and events that I could refer back to and be able to refresh and bring alive my memories! 



Today, I’d love to give my utmost respect and love to one of my best friends, Arlene, whom I have joined hugs with during one of the most difficult times during my married life. 

She showed up hours prior to my husband’s, Moisés, death. Her story inspires me to stay on track. Arlene is one of the strongest, no-nonsense, kind, focused, and persistent woman that I have the privilige to meet. She has risen from the ashes, out of poverty and raising four children and one grandchild, as a single mother. Today, she’s pursuing her dreams in helping teenage single mothers coming out of the foster care system
and providing them the education, skills, and love that they need so they can successfully  thrive in the marketplace and leave a powerful legacy for the next generations to come.

There are other special and amazing people in my life for whom I am grateful for. During our time practicing social distancing, I encourage you to genuinely opening up and thank at least one person in your life for all of what they mean to you. It will boost the person's self-esteem.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossFit Point Break - Family Integration